Gerard O’Hare is the founding member and Senior Partner of the firm. He graduated from Queen’s University with an Honours Law Degree in 1975. He qualified as a Solicitor in 1978 and after working as an Assistant Solicitor he set up this firm on 4th January 1982. He holds a Practising Certificate in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and England & Wales.
As befits a Solicitor who has started a business from “scratch” he has a wide experience and expertise in many areas of law and, apart from his own workload, is used as a “touchstone” within the practice for all areas of law.
He has a particular expertise in the following areas;
• Defence Litigation for both insurance companies and commercial clients. He has advised some of the leading employer organisations in Northern Ireland over the past 20 years in this area and is noted for his pragmatic approach which leads to early resolution of cases and considerable saving to his clients. Also noted to contest those cases that have to be contested with vigour and determination.
• Advice and representation in all aspects of the Health and Safety at Work Legislation including advice on compliance, new legislation, representation both at interview and in court.
• A confident practitioner in the Coroner’s Court.
• Licencing Law, Book-making Law, Gaming Law. A recognised expert in this field.
• Sports Law. A lifelong sports fan he provides expert advice including the promotion and defence of claims arising from injuries on the sports field, judicial review of decisions made by Government Departments, representation for players and/or sports bodies in internal disciplinary procedures, advice on sporting codes of practice, representation of players and/or sporting organisations at Sports Tribunals.
• Medical Negligence.
• Commercial Litigation.
• Extensive experience in commercial and domestic conveyancing, consulted widely in the office by other professional staff.
• All types of personal injury claims.
Married with four children he is a keen sports fan. He is the retained solicitor for the Ulster Council of the GAA and is a season ticket holder at Old Trafford. His other leisure pursuits include skiing, cycling and golf.